15 November 2007

Twisted Sister - 14 Nov 2007 - Solnahallen

Let me first say, I'm a huge Metallica fan.

What does Metallica have to do with Twisted Sister, you say? Well, lots of things.

But in this case, Twisted sister played last night at Solnahallen, the last venue Metallica played before they lost bassist Cliff Burton in the now infamous bus accident in Ljungby, Sweden. Needless to say, it was a very special (and eerie) night for me, to see a show in that very same venue. RIP Cliff.

Onto Twisted (MuthaFuckin) Sister.

Twisted Sister was one of the first metal bands I was ever introduced to. It was the filthy three for me: Twisted Sister, KISS and Motley Crue (Mom, you can thank my older brother. Thanks, bro.). I'd never seen them live, because, being a child of strict-as-hell parents, I wasn't allowed to enjoy anything. Getting to finally see them was a treat. Getting to see them this time around was especially momentous given the fact that they've only played 5 shows in the last year, never planned on doing a reunion, and this very may well have been their last show in Stockholm. Fuck yeagh.

And what a great fucking show. Dee Snider is hands down one of the best frontmen in metal. He's funny, energetic, articulate, entertaining, engaging and has the best ass I've ever seen. Oh, he's a good singer too. They of course did the old favorites ("We're not gonna take it" and "I wanna rock") - one of which was in the middle of the set, because, as Dee said "If you're just here to hear that one song - here it is! - we don't want you here for the rest of the show!" Of course, nobody left!

Check out some songs here (and thanks to the Sick Muthafuckin Friends of Twisted Sister for recording/posting these):



\m/
-parastoo-

No comments: