03 November 2007

Stockholm Syndrome, Metal Style

The beginnings of Winter are a wonderful time in Stockholm.

Yes, I'm being slightly sarcastic.

The cold weather sucks, the rain/snow/slush sucks, the lack of sunlight sucks (currently, the sun goes down at 3pm in Stockholm! And we're not at the worst of it yet!)....it all kinda sucks...ass.

The only thing that doesn't suck ass about being in Stockholm are the metal shows. You see, in the summer, all the metal bands that tour in Europe play festivals. In the winter, there aren't many festivals (and especially not in Sweden, where the weather - as I mentioned - sucks ass). So bands are touring Europe playing shows instead.

And when you're trying to get through the cold, dark of Stockholm, nothing is better than going to a metal show to ease the claustrophobia....

And so, I've devoted my time, and this site, to the metal scene in Stockholm (and Sweden, if I happen to travel around). It is, after all, the reason why I moved here in the first place.

\m/
-Parastoo-

No comments: