05 April 2008

Necrophobic/Demonical/Spazmocity - 04 Apr 2008 - Tantogården

Necrophobic is a death metal band from Stockholm, Sweden, who came together way back in 1989 (!). They've released only a handful of albums since their inception (perhaps because, as they describe themselves, they are too "self-critical"). They also have not played that many shows as of late, and especially not in Stockholm. Despite that, their fan base in Stockholm is about as big as it gets for death metal heroes like these guys. Those who cry "death metal is dead", are...well...dead wrong.

Now, I have to admit to you, I'm not intimately familiar with their albums, so I can't give you a rundown of what songs they played, etc. What I can tell you is that they put on probably one of the best shows that I've seen in a very long time. They were clearly feeding off the energy of the crowd and were loving every minute of it. Local shows like this one are the reason why I'm here. If you're a fan of classic death metal and have a chance to see these pioneers in action, I highly recommend it.

\m/
-p2

No comments: